Creative Self Care Strategies
I’m all about creative self care strategies, stuff that makes self care child’s play and brings creativity into every day rather than no-way. I love talking about it, I’m passionate! I had so much fun chatting with Sashka over on the No-Name Brand Podcast. Within my usual babble, there were some *REAL* gems – creative gold dust if you will.
You can listen below, if Podcasts are your thing…
So what are these Creative Self Care Strategies..?
- There is always time. You give yourself time to zone out and binge on Netflix, so why not give yourself the time to refuel your creativity?
- Creativity is essential. We often think of it as nice because we see it as self-gratification, but it’s our time of the day to do something that’s not for a purpose
- Give yourself permission to sit down with a piece of paper and make a mess
- Finding your way to creativity doesn’t have to be intimidating. It’s that brave jump of just making yourself do it, telling yourself it doesn’t matter if it looks good or if it looks bad.
- Let go. We set these expectations for ourselves and our creative work – if you convince yourself you’ll never meet them, you end up just avoiding the activity. It’s a method of preemptively escaping the criticism you feel is coming.
It may sound simple, but self care doesn’t have to be complicated.
Get the Keynotes